It’s been said that relationships are the cornerstone for happiness. No one likes to be alone, in fact we are hardwired to be with other people. Whether it’s friends, family or coworkers – at the heart of life lie the relationships we have with other people.
Relationships require attention – some more than others. How you take care of your relationships will ultimately set the tone for your overall happiness and success in life. The following 30 quotes speak to how powerful, beautiful and important relationships can be in ones life.
- “Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.”
– Anais Nin
- “The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.” – Carl Jung
- “If you would be loved, love, and be lovable.”— Benjamin Franklin
- “You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.” — Dale Carnegie
- “Never idealize others. They will never live up to your expectations. Don’t over-analyze your relationships. Stop playing games. A growing relationship can only be nurtured by genuineness. “ – Leo F. Buscaglia
- “Nobody can hurt me without my permission.” — Mahatma Gandhi
- “Assumptions are the termites of relationships.” — Henry Winkler
- Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one” — C.S. Lewis
- “When a woman is talking to you, listen to what she says with her eyes.” — Victor Hugo
- “We can improve our relationships with others by leaps and bounds if we become encouragers instead of critics.” — Joyce Meyer
- “We are afraid to care too much, for fear that the other person does not care at all.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future.”
– Paul Boose
- “Some of the biggest challenges in relationships come from the fact that most people enter a relationship in order to get something: they’re trying to find someone who’s going to make them feel good. In reality, the only way a relationship will last is if you see your relationship as a place that you go to give, and not a place that you go to take.” — Anthony Robbins
- “The royal road to a man’s heart is to talk to him about the things he treasures most.” — Dale Carnegie
- “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.”
— Oprah Winfrey
- “If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you.” – Winnie the Pooh
- “Keep away from those who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you believe that you too can become great.” — Mark Twain
- “A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.” – Donna Roberts
- “The greatest compliment that was ever paid me was when someone asked me what I thought, and attended to my answer.”
— Henry David Thoreau
- “True friendship comes when the silence between two people is comfortable.” — David Tyson Gentry
- “When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but creatures of emotion.” — Dale Carnegie
- “Three things in human life are important: the first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind.” — Henry James
- “An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind.”
— Mahatma Gandhi.
- “What is uttered from the heart alone, will win the hearts of others to your own.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen.” – Ernest Hemingway
- “Intimacy is the capacity to be rather weird with someone – and finding that that’s ok with them.” — Alain de Botton
- “Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city.” – George Burns
- “What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others.” – Confucius
- “Don’t walk in front of me; I may not follow. Don’t walk behind me; I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.” – Albert Camus
- “Loving people live in a loving world. Hostile people live in a hostile world. Same world.” — Wayne Dyer
What’s your favorite relationship quote?
Not-your-typical Personal and Executive Master Certified Coach.
Joshua Miller is a creative and impactful leader. His career experience has spanned both the advertising world and the world of leadership and organizational development. In advertising, he was responsible in delivering campaign strategies for Fortune 100 companies. Now he innovates and delivers results when supporting executive talent development and change management for the same clients.
Please click ‘Follow’ if you would like to hear more from me in the future.